Thread: BBC Breakfast - 06:00 on 19/11/2019

Time Online
    21 Hours 56 Minutes
    Avg. Time Online
    5 Minutes 1 Second

BBC Breakfast - 06:00 on 19/11/2019

BBC Breakfast - 06:00 on 19/11/2019

🎥 BIG NEWS! 🎥

Tomorrow from 6 on BBC Breakfast, Carol Kirkwood will be broadcasting the country’s weather LIVE from Steamship Shieldhall!

Tune into BBC One from 6am tomorrow morning and look out for the weather broadcasts from Carol!

See tweet:
    https://twitter.com/Shieldhall/statu...33788203012099

Time Online
    3 Weeks 19 Hours 20 Minutes 19 Seconds
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hour 3 Minutes 12 Seconds

Re: BBC Breakfast - 06:00 on 19/11/2019

Just watched Carol's segments on i-player ..... No way I was getting up that early !

Nice to hear about my favoured "Shieldhall Model" of operation being mentioned !

Coincidentally, on Saurday I was first out in the raffle draw at our PSPS meeting and you get the choice of the branch's spare second hand books. I've got all the paddle steamer ones that there were - and there can't be that many I don't have in any case ! - so it was a lovely book about Shieldhall which I got

I had had my eye on it for a while .... although last time I won I picked up a Turbine Steamer book. I had resisted buying the Shieldhall book when Graham MacKenzie came to talk to us a few years ago - but now I have his self-penned master work for a bit of bed time reading
    Last edited by tramscape; 11-19-2019 at 22:58.

Time Online
    3 Weeks 19 Hours 20 Minutes 19 Seconds
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hour 3 Minutes 12 Seconds

Re: BBC Breakfast - 06:00 on 19/11/2019

An interesting book - short enough and written in an informal style which makes it very readable. Lots of pictures too

Unfortunately it only goes up to 2004, so the problems associated with the last 15 years of operation are not covered

It does appear to play down the difficulties that were faced in preservation which I am sure were legion, but what it does demonstrate is that the "Shieldhall Model" can operate in the UK if absolutely necessary