{vb:raw welcome_headers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FIFIE IN NEED OF RESTORATION FOR SALE – FOR £1

FIFIE IN NEED OF RESTORATION FOR SALE – FOR £1

A 49ft 1926-built fifie built by Miller, James N & Son Ltd, St Monans for use as a herring drifter, Bruce’s is registered in the National Historic Fleet.

She was formerly owned by the Bruce family of Arbroath, and has been converted to a live-aboard, though with as many original features kept as possible. http://intheboatshed.net/2016/02/14/...or-sale-for-1/

When Britain was workshop to the world!
    Grimsby Tide Times

Re: FIFIE IN NEED OF RETORATION FOR SALE – FOR £1

When I moved to Dundee 1n 1951 the term fifie meant a Tay ferry

The term Ferry referred to Broughty Ferry Can you explain to me a little

more what this kind of Fifie is ?

Re: FIFIE IN NEED OF RESTORATION FOR SALE – FOR £1

Good old Wikipedia seems to know what one is !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifie
    WSN/WEL automatically class the £17.50 admittance element of your fare as a donation even though they do not fulfill the generally-applicable rules which define what a donation must be in order for charities to do so. This means that any Gift Aid form you sign and any claim they make on HMRC would appear to be invalid. WSN refuse to explain why they believe their approach is in compliance with the law
    InTramCities with Gordon Stewart : http://paddlesteamers.info/Trams/SeriesList.htm

A very good definition in Wikipaedia indeed It did not mention my version

Should I write to them about it? Have you ever written to Wikipaedia ?

Anyone can write or edit wikipedia; I've written a page and editted others where I know something's wrong or missing.

Gillon - there is a tab named "edit" near the top right of a wiki page. Click it an see how it can be edited. You will need to create an account though

This is the strength, but also the problem with wiki - if someone does create data (or delete someone else's) and it is wrong .......There is also the potential for deliberate misinformation (eg to discredit a competitor, or an organisation you might have a grudge about) and the ways of weeding this out are not always robust

You can also see the edit history on any page - ie who has changed what and when. There seem to be a lot of "professionals", self-appointed or otherwise updating wiki. It amazes me - news breaks about the transfer of one player from a lower league team to another ......and check the player's page on wiki ...... and it is already updated ! They are even more eagle-eyed than I am with checking on NSSP pages !
    Last edited by tramscape; 02-25-2016 at 15:03.
    WSN/WEL automatically class the £17.50 admittance element of your fare as a donation even though they do not fulfill the generally-applicable rules which define what a donation must be in order for charities to do so. This means that any Gift Aid form you sign and any claim they make on HMRC would appear to be invalid. WSN refuse to explain why they believe their approach is in compliance with the law
    InTramCities with Gordon Stewart : http://paddlesteamers.info/Trams/SeriesList.htm

Thank you I would lovel in effect to write encyclopaedia entries but have

been always been worried aboyt the possibilities of erroneous entries

or even malevolent ( I believe this has happened ) Your tips are helpfand I may

try my hand at this

Does anyone know what happened with her in the end?
    "It's better to create something that others criticize, than to create nothing and criticize others."

Not me !