PDA

View Full Version : Moderated

George Ted
09-02-2013, 10:06
All post and threads posted in this forum are being moderated they will not show on the forum until they have been checked.

tramscape
09-02-2013, 10:29
Let's hope debate is not killed dead

George Ted
09-02-2013, 17:25
No it was a comment on face book regarding something else that why its been done

Dan Cross
09-02-2013, 22:27
Ted o read the comments regarding the forum. Free speech is very important and this forum allows all groups to listen to the critics. If they read and ignore so be it but don't what ever you do alllow comments from others stifle the good debate on here.

George Ted
09-03-2013, 07:53
Ted o read the comments regarding the forum. Free speech is very important and this forum allows all groups to listen to the critics. If they read and ignore so be it but don't what ever you do alllow comments from others stifle the good debate on here.

Dan is right Free speech is very important so this forum is open

tramscape
09-03-2013, 10:30
My post of 10:18 pm last night didn't appear until this morning. OK I understand the issue but this changes the whole dynamics of this forum.

Especially late at night a few of us have quite a lively exchange - you know who's on line, you can post and expect it to be read, see that they are replying so know to stay on line to read ...... and the debate continues....................making late night "chat" most enjoyable

If we carry on like this we will not be able to do it - and the immediacy, vibrancy and quite frankly, the attraction, of this forum will be lost

Edit : I see this has gone straight through. Ted, are we back to the good old days ?

George Ted
09-03-2013, 10:35
Ted, are we back to the good old days ?

Yes back to normal

tramscape
09-03-2013, 10:37
Thanks Ted. Now I read your post 6 again I see what you mean by "open"

A.N.Other
09-05-2013, 11:03
Doh no, No1. There are still many dark and dingy corners adjoining Alexandra Dock - South Arm where answers should be found FOR FUTURE APPLICATION-- and I'm NOT referring to any organization, or individual effort, that was dedicated to saving the p.s. 'Lincoln Castle'.

Tho' not a steamship, don't you reckon we should get the 'Esther' designated a historic wreck? It would appear to be he only way of conserving it after its apparent SCUTTLING BY DEFAULT.

A.N.Other
09-05-2013, 11:17
...and a propos steamships, I came across this last week in The Int'l Havens Archive, overseen by the p.s. 'Lincoln Castle' Archive & Collection. I thought "One of these days, one of those could be yours"... pic by M.F. Wood:
The boys? Great grandsons of J.F. Wood, the LNER's superintendent marine engineer who oversaw the design and construction of the p.s. 'Lincoln Castle and operation of the Humber ferries pre-war and to the end of hostilities when he retired, late. Guarding the boys -- J.C.Corbally and A.C.Wood [striped jersey] -- Frank Wood, J.F.'s son and railway historian of high repute, responsible in his time for a fair proportion of the LNER's transporting of Grimsby Docks imported and caught content.