PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Waverley (& Balmora) ?

tramscape
11-21-2012, 00:34
When people don't like the way something is run (like a bank, or Starbucks) we are often asked to boycott their products and services until there is real change - if they won't change of their own accord

It seems like a fair weapon in my view

Not that I am advocating anything, of course ..................

Elliott Peters
11-21-2012, 00:43
I've certainly boycotted a few things in my time... Walkers Crisps being a prime example when they signed Victoria Beckham to advertise for them. Anything the Beckhams make money from, that product is on my boycott list.

With boats... I dunno. Trouble is, if too many boycott them, they'd rapidly go out of business and put the future of them in serious doubt, but... what other way is there to make ones voice and feelings known?

kylemore
11-21-2012, 10:43
When people don't like the way something is run (like a bank, or Starbucks) we are often asked to boycott their products and services until there is real change - if they won't change of their own accord

It seems like a fair weapon in my view

Not that I am advocating anything, of course ..................

With Starbucks if you boycott them there are plenty of alternative coffee shops but with Paddle Steamers it's a bit more restricted!

And on a fine summer's day with the Firth looking it's best and the Waverley with steam up ready to depart could you resist?

I understand the frustration but you're always better off fighting for change from the inside - no matter how long it takes.

Waverleyfan3
11-21-2012, 12:45
I have no difficulty in boycotting Balmoral because it has effectively boycotted the Clyde for several years. Waverley is a different matter.... I still pay my dues to get on board but having noted the treatment of "volunteers" WEL no longer gets any change out of me in that direction.

tramscape
11-21-2012, 16:26
It is a while since I have been to Lake Geneva or Lake Lucerne. They seem like good places to schedule into my 2013 travels.

I always call in at Starbucks in Geneva - a very nice cuppa - and look forward to doing so in the near future

Elliott Peters
11-21-2012, 16:40
Please - let's not have talk like this - it plays straight into the thought police's hands. Penfold will have a field day!

Agreed.

I did imply in my own post here that there has to be other ways of protesting or getting ones feelings known to whoever is concerned without resorting to doing so publicly in a forum like this. Hence why I asked aloud are there other ways and what?

George Ted
11-21-2012, 18:17
I have closed this thread