PDA

View Full Version : Waverley - Loss of Supporters

tramscape
09-04-2018, 12:12
As you know, I have been very unhappy at how so many Waverley customers have vowed not to sail again and how so many long-standing supporters have thrown in the towel and walked away. I have remained loyal, even if critical on occasion

I have to say that I too can no longer consider sailing on the ship, promoting her, donating to the cause or responding to appeals.

Whilst I still love the ship dearly and remain a paddle steamer enthusiast, my enthusiasm for what I have loved for (almost) all of my life has now been snuffed out

I hope that this might change one day - but that will only be as a result things I cannot control

I look forward to the return of Maid of the Loch - and to more trips to Switzerland rather than to Clydeside

kylemore
09-04-2018, 12:37
As you know, I have been very unhappy at how so many Waverley customers have vowed not to sail again and how so many long-standing supporters have thrown in the towel and walked away. I have remained loyal, even if critical on occasion

I have to say that I too can no longer consider sailing on the ship, promoting her, donating to the cause or responding to appeals.

Whilst I still love the ship dearly and remain a paddle steamer enthusiast, my enthusiasm for what I have loved for (almost) all of my life has now been snuffed out

I hope that this might change one day - but that will only be as a result things I cannot control

I look forward to the return of Maid of the Loch - and to more trips to Switzerland rather than to Clydeside

The Waverley is not WEL. One day things will change.

However without support she will not be around for that day!

Saying that, I understand how you feel.

tramscape
09-04-2018, 12:39
I received a letter in the post today which sums up this disgraceful organisation completely

Thanks for your understanding, Kylemore

Marisco
09-04-2018, 17:13
I received a letter in the post today which sums up this disgraceful organisation completely

Thanks for your understanding, Kylemore

Do I take it you are now prevented from discussing that which you were attempting to put right as regards Gift Aid compliance?

tramscape
09-04-2018, 17:33
Do I take it you are now prevented from discussing that which you were attempting to put right as regards Gift Aid compliance?

No. Not prevented. Far from it actually !